Dredging Discharge Hose
Transflex Hard-Wall Discharge Hose
- employs a wire helix with multi-ply reinforcing fabric. The helix construction, which also permits use for suction service, offers the dredge operator a discharge hose that stays round through normal bend radii. This affords extended service life over soft-wall hose, which is susceptible to ovalling out. Operating pressures in the range of 150 to 200 psi are standard with a 4:1 safety factor.
- Available with numerous options, including special diameters, lengths, and cover materials, Hard Wall Discharge Hose helps to reduce dredge downtime by minimizing maintenance problems
- Custom Cover : supplied with wear-resistant SBR or neoprene for added resistance to ozone and sunlight.
- Optional Tube Lining Thicknesst o meet special needs ot materials being handled, hose diameter, and service conditions. S-R’s own recipes are compounded to resist abrasion and cutting
- Custom Lengths -to 50 ft., diameters to match pipe ID.’s or Flange O.D.’s up to 42”
- Custom Ends straight or enlarged to fit your pipe size or any of the flanged ends.
Transflex Soft-Wall Discharge Hose
Designed for operating pressures in the 150 to 200 psi range is handmade, using the same top quality compounds as in TRANSFLEX hard-wall hose with multiple plies of high tensile synthetic tire cord textile reinforcement.
Soft Wall Discharge Hose is intended for service when tides, current or operating conditions may cause kinking, which quickly destroys hard-wall hose. Applying pressure to a kinked soft-wall hose will round out the hose with no detrimental effect.
Hose Cover – SBR rubber or neoprene is available to meet custom requirements for cut and abrasion resistance, and to withstand strong sunlight and ozone. TRANSFLEX will provide a tough neoprene cover for salt-water service, and where it will be exposed to long periods of sunlight.
Soft-Wall Construction – Recommended for use where hose kinking can otherwise cause premature failure. TRANSFLEX soft-wall discharge hose will oval out, but springs back under working pressure.