IMPORTANT INSTRUCTION FOR STORAGE, HANDLING & CLEANING
Cleaning Of Transflex Hose
- As regards the cleaning, the method that can be used depends upon service, location, and type.
- Flushing out is adequate in most situations using a variety of fluids e.g. Clean water, hot water, seawater, detergents, and solvents at ambient temperature.
- If seawater used the hose must be well-drained after cleaning, to minimize corrosion.
- The case must be taken as the maximum temperature of the hose not exceeded.
Steam lenses should NOT be used.
- Compressed air may be used on open ended polypropylene lined hoses, but is not recommended on PTFE lined hoses.
- Polypropylene hoses can be cleaned with “loose” steam (i.e. at no pressure, 1 Bar = 99°C), taking care not using lances.
- PTFE lined hoses can be cleaned at higher temperature (up to 160°C) taking care that the PTFE lining is much more delicate than Polypropylene, so we do not recommend using air or water or steam at high pressure with this type of hoses to not compromises integrity if linner layer.
- Mechanical methods of cleaning must NOT be use e.g. pigging.
- It is important that the hose is electrically earthed during operations, to avoid build up to static charge.
- A characteristic of the composite hose is elongation. This characteristic should not be used solely as an assessment of the condition of the hose or an indication of failure. For application where length in use is critical, this data should be advised to the manufacturer.
- The length of the hose should be the OAL including the end fitting. OAL measurement should be from flange to flange face, seat to seat, end of threads to the threads, etc.
- In the fabricated condition, after testing, the overall length, (OAL), should be within +5% – 2% of the OAL.
- After service, hose assemblies should be flushed out and drained, stored hoses should be dry and kept off the ground in a straight line out of direct sunlight.
- Depending on the overall condition of the hoses assembly, it is possible to repair hoses which have been damaged during service. Repair Composite hose requires specialist knowledge, therefore please ask to consult our Technical Department.
Installation & Usage
- The hose must be correctly supported during use. A characteristic of the composite hose is flexibility, therefore the supports should be arranged so that the hoses are never bent beyond the minimum bend radius, Support has to be appropriate, never use a single rope, chain, or wire, but use slings, saddles, and wide enough to spread the load sufficiently so that the hose is not deformed in the area of support.
- Flanged hose assembles should ideally have one end secured with a floating flange.
- Hose assemblies must not be twisted either on installation or in use.
- Hose assemblies subject to movement while operating should be installed in such a way that flexing occurs in the same plane.
- When installing hose assemblies, careful attention should be paid to minimum bend radii specifications.